Not industrial but junk

I like sweet. When I'm hungry I think about sweet  pastry. A good pack of chocolate can be my lunch. When I serf the net at food blogs 90% of the time I'm looking at the sweet categories, and the other 10% belongs to savory only if the photos are tempting enough.. I have maybe 10 sites which I visit often and never miss a new post. One of them is a food blog smitten kitchen. The reason I love it so much is that they never go wrong! Each and every recipe I tried was a success. Go visit smitten kitchen it's worth it! My eyes were wide open when I opened the blog  a week ago to find out they have a recipe for a home made peppermint hot fudge sauce. peppermint and chocolate is my favorite combination and it's hard finding it here in Israel, I had to visit a cook store to buy one not very common  ingredient  buy it was worth it! I know corn syrup is not the healthiest thing you can use, but I already said it's junk.. at least it's homemade junk and not industrial...  How to:

2/3 cup heavy or whipping cream
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder,
Heaping 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt or level 1/4 teaspoon table salt
170 grames bittersweet chocolate, chopped (or, about 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips), divided
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract, or to taste

In a  heavy saucepan, bring cream, syrup, sugar, cocoa, salt (if you’d like the salt to remain slightly textured, add it with the butter and extract at the end) and half the chocolate to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in remaining chocolate, butter and extract and stir until smooth. Cool the sauce to warm before serving it so that it can thicken up. yammmmmmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment